Support for Parents
Safer Places - Domestic Abuse Support Services
Essex Domestic Abuse Helpline
FREE SCHOOL MEAL APPLICATION FORM
Updated guidance for parents and carers on the closure of educational settings
The guidance for parents and carers on the closure of educational settings has been updated with additional information on the resources and support available to help parents educate their children at home.
The guidance can be found here:
Mental Health and Well Being
Resources to promote and support children and young people’s mental wellbeing include:
- MindEd educational resources for adults about children and young people’s mental health, which is relevant for parents and carers as well as volunteers, teachers, and other professionals working with children
- the Every Mind Matters platform which supports looking after your own and other’s mental health
- guidance on looking after wellbeing and mental health during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
- guidance on supporting children’s wellbeing and mental health
All NHS mental health trusts are setting up 24/7 helplines, and seeking to use digital and virtual channels, to continue delivering support during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
What to do if you have concerns about your or other peoples children:
What you need to do should your child become unwell:
- This poster has advice for parents when a child is unwell/injured. It has been approved by NHS England for dissemination to support parents and carers of when to seek help and advice and which service they should contact.
- This video has been produced locally by two clinicians (and approved by NHSE/I) and informs parents of the services available and when to seek help.
Both the poster and video are just a number of resources available on the Essex Safeguarding Website - ESCB’s COVID-19 webpages. As well as general information about the pandemic, there are specific resources for families including emotional wellbeing and home-schooling links and a summary of changes to children and families support services in Essex
Information on Bereavement
Supports families and educates professionals when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement.
The hub for those working with bereaved children, young people and their families across the UK.
Exist to promote the wellbeing of all bereaved people and to enable them to understand their grief and cope with their loss.
Bereavement support charity with over over 600 local, regional and national bereavement support services listed on their central database of support for those bereaved across the UK.
Information and Finance Advice